This privacy notice serves to inform you of the personal information we process with regards to job applications, potential candidates for employment and optional recruiting programmes and events, and selection procedures in view of potential recruitment. It describes the information we collect, what we do with it (the “purpose”) and our lawful reason for processing it (our “legal basis”), with whom we share it, how long we store it and what rights and obligations you as an applicant have.
Who we are:
We are TB HIV Care, NPC, with registration number 2015/122776/08. The address of our head office is 7th floor, Eleven Adderley Street, Cape Town, 8000.
You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +27(0)21 425 0050.
What personal information we collect from you:
This Privacy Notice covers any candidate data that is collected by us for the recruiting process. This may include but is not limited to the following information:
1. Your title, name, surname, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, date of birth, age, personal contact details (including physical address, telephone number and email address) national ID number, eligibility-to-work information, passport, driving licence, languages spoken, emergency contact information, tax number, details of any disability and any reasonable adjustments required as a result and vaccination status and vaccination certificate.
2. Education and employment history including skills and experience, qualifications, CV and application, interview and assessment (including assessments days, complete tests or occupational personality profile questionnaires) data, background and verification and reference information (including criminal, credit, names and contact details of referees), job preferences, previous applications with us, type of employment sought, willingness to relocate, notice period, current and historic salary details together with salary expectations.
3. Records of your registration with any applicable regulatory authority, which may be necessary, and any regulatory certificates and references.
4. Gender, age, nationality, religious belief, sexuality and race.
5. Information relating to your family members who are employed by us. Where you are sharing personal information of these individuals with us, you need to make sure that they have consented prior to sharing.
What personal information we collect from other sources:
1. We may publish job openings on occupational platforms, and we may also find you based on your availability and profile settings in the same. In the event you apply for an opening with us through an application function on an occupational platform or similar online service provider it is important to note that the relevant service provider may retain your personal information and may also collect information from us in respect of the progress of your application.
2. We may also receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you, or informs us of your eligibility, as a candidate for a specific opening or for our business more generally.
3. Criminal records or credit background checks, candidate assessment days, tests or occupational personality profile questionnaires, attending an interview – or a combination of these will result in personal information generated by you, us and potentially a third in the event that there is third party involvement. Any use by a service provider of your personal information will be in accordance with the service provider’s privacy notice and subject to the terms and conditions between you and the service provider on one hand, and us and the service provider on the other.
The purpose and legal basis for processing your personal information:
This personal information is collected to –
1. Identify you as a prospective candidate for a job application within TB HIV Care.
2. Evaluate your application and fitness for the applied position including:
a. Determining your qualifications for employment and reaching a recruitment decision;
b. Verifying the data you submit through referees;
c. Conducting background checks (subject to the applicable national legislation);
d. Enhance information that we receive from you with information obtained from service providers.
3. Evaluating your suitability for other employment vacancies, if applicable.
4. Informing you, via e-mail, SMS or otherwise about the outcome of your application for employment with us.
5. Offer you the applied for job and provide you with an employment contract, in the event of a successful application.
6. Should your application for employment be successful, your personal data submitted for hiring purposes may be processed for the necessary employment purposes and included in your employment file.
7. If we do not employ you, we may (subject to your freely given consent) nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider.
We do not use the personal information you provide to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
We will collect your personal information provided it complies with one or more of the following legal bases:
1. Compliance with legal obligations arising from funding requirements, legislation and regulations as set out under our PAIA manual, which can be accessed at: https://www.tbhivcare.org/
2. To conclude or perform a contract to which you are a party
3. It is in our organisation’s or a third party’s legitimate interest such as:
a. Organisation operations and due diligence
b. Communications, marketing and intelligence
c. Fraud detection and prevention
d. Employment data processing
4. Legal and regulatory compliance
5. We have requested consent from you in order to process your personal information.
The information we request from you is generally on a mandatory basis, unless otherwise stated and failure to provide the requested information or to provide the most updated or accurate information will prevent us from carrying out the above-mentioned purposes furthermore can have an impact on the success of your job application.
Recipients of your personal information
Only selected employees within TB HIV Care and selected third parties, who support in the recruitment process as well provision of hosting, storage and operation of electronic information systems, have access to your personal information. Except as required by law, court order or contractual obligations your personal information will not be supplied to any third party without your explicit consent.
If we transfer your personal information outside of South Africa, we apply the necessary safeguards.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
We may retain your information for longer periods of time in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other technical or funder requirements.
We will further retain your personal information for longer periods of time in order to ensure we have accurate records to deal with any complaints, challenges or possibility of litigation.
Your rights over your information
1. By law, you can ask us what personal information we hold about you, request to have access to it, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
2. In those cases where we process your information for contractual reasons, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information.
3. If you believe we are not using your information lawfully you can ask us to stop using it. In some circumstances, you may have the right to ask us to erase your personal information.
4. Where it may have been necessary to get your consent to use your personal information, at any moment, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease using your personal information without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
5. To submit a request by email, post or telephone, please use the contact information provided above.
6. Your right to complain. If you have a complaint about our use of your personal information, we would prefer you to raise it with us first to give us the opportunity to put it right, but you can also contact the Information Regulator’s Office via their website at www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to them at: 1. The Information Regulator (South Africa), 33 Hoofd Street Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark 2. P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017