Privacy Notice: This privacy notice informs you of the information we collect from you. In collecting this information, we are acting as a Responsible Party and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
- Who we are: TB HIV Care (THC), with Registration Number 15/122776/08, with its principle place of business at 7th Floor, 11 Adderley Street, Cape Town, 8001, is a registered non-profit organisation responding to TB, HIV and other major diseases through working to prevent, find and treat TB and HIV in South Africa.
- What personal information and special personal information we are collecting from you:
- Personal information that we collect from you include: your name, surname, contact details, date of birth, age, gender and any other personal information required in terms of our programmes
- Why do we collect this information:
- THC collects your information in order to fulfill our mandate to provide health services and to report to our funders.
- Who is your information shared with and why:
- Third-party funders: in order to facilitate service receipt, your personal information is collected and shared with the applicable third-party funders, to comply with reporting requirements, link beneficiary datasets across partners and/ or de-duplicate beneficiaries for purposes of tracking and reporting receipt of layered services across implementing partners.
- Third-party service provider: in order to facilitate service receipt, your personal information is shared with third party service providers that perform functions on behalf of TB HIV Care, such as hosting or operating electronic health information platforms on which data is captured and provision of diagnostic pathology services.
- Your personal information may be transferred to, accessible from and /or stored at a destination outside of South Africa such as the United States of America or other countries in which data protection laws may not be as comprehensive. We will take steps to implement appropriate measures to ensure your personal information is protected in accordance with POPIA.
- How is your information kept secure: The main risk of THC processing of your personal information is if it is lost, stolen or misused. This could lead to your personal information being in the hands of someone else who may use it fraudulently or make public information that you would prefer to keep private. For this reason, THC is committed to protecting personal data from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorised access, unavailability and destruction and takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal data, including through use of appropriate organisational and technical measures.
- You have the right to:
- Know and access the personal information THC holds about you;
- Update, correct or delete your personal information collected, in specific instances;
- Restrict or say no to THC’s processing of your personal information, in specific instances;
- Bring a complaint against the Information Regulator, in specific instances, at:
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
7. How to contact us
If you would like any more information about the way we use your information, or if you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please contact us using the details below:
Kuben Pillay, THC Deputy Information Officer
7th Floor, 11 Adderley Street,