How Can We Help?
- A lay counsellor will give you information about HIV.
- The lay counsellor will ask you to sign a form which says that you have agreed to be tested.
- Either a nurse or the lay counsellor will prick your finger to draw a drop of blood.
- The drop of blood is put on a test strip.
- The lay counsellor will ask you questions to find out whether you may have TB or a sexually-transmitted infection.
- After 15 minutes, the test result is known and you will be informed of your status.
- Whatever your status, the lay counsellor will counsel you on what your options are and help you make plans for your future.